Jstylezzz
Developer
Founder
Vitas Fan
In Character Name: Raz_Zoran
Netherlands

Regulations regarding new faction leaders

Post by Jstylezzz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:51 am

Due to recent events and the lack of a general guideline when it comes to becoming a faction leader, I decided it would be best for me to outline the general idea here.

What about faction leaders?
As you can see, there are not many faction leaders at the moment of writing, while we do have a few factions in need of one (and more factions that are being added with upcoming updates). For a faction to
run smoothly, a leader would normally take responsibility and manage the appointed board here on the forum, as well as take care of the faction in-game.

Situation up until now
Since I wanted to give people benefit of the doubt I allowed a few people to become faction leaders after them asking me if they could become one. Sadly this hasn't worked out, which is
something I was afraid of beforehand. This has led to me dropping that whole idea, and setting a general regulation in place.

Current (new) regulations
I don't want to enforce hard limits like playtime and all that, since I feel this doesn't necessarily mean that someone is fit for a position. If you really want to become a faction leader, the best way to
get there is to get involved in the community. Even though there is no hard requirement for playing time, I do expect a potential faction leader to have at least some time online, so that they
have general knowledge about the server. Using that knowledge to help people out in the /helpchat or on the forum, would be an example of involvement in the community.

I expect this notice to be sufficient. Joining the server and blatantly asking for a leader position won't get you anywhere. I'll leave this thread open for discussions and questions, please try not to go off-topic.