As some of you might have seen, update 3.0.0 was pushed yesterday.
I figured that after 70 tasks done, it was time to push through the fixes and improvements that were made over the last two months. Now, I must highlight that not everything that was planned has been implemented yet. Things that
did not make it in yesterday's major update were things like the weapon system and house storage. What did make it however, is a feature that I wanted to put to the test in the live server, which is the weed system. More about that below.
I've also re-ordered my priorities on the backlog, so I'll also go into detail a little further about what's coming next at the bottom of the changelog.
- When inventory is full and you attempt to buy something, the dialog would simply close without giving any feedback.
- Phonebook variables weren't reset correctly, resulting in weird glitches after multiple logins on a specific player id.
- Fixed refueling allowing you to go into negative cash.
- Fixed issues with the vehicle modshop.
- Fixed issue in house furniture system that carried out an action when cancel was clicked.
- Fixed issue while buying furniture, info in the menu was not updated.
- Fixed burglar job bagged silverware object being too big.
- Changed a item name typo (' Hamburder' to ' Hamburger').
- Fixed player peak counter. It now correctly updates the ' Player peak' in the login screen to highest amount of concurrent players online.
- Fixed vehicle command glitches that were caused by variables not always being set correctly.
- Fixed an issue with buying vehicles at the dealership. When buying a vehicle by sitting in it, you could go into negative cash.
- Fixed master account being able to be logged in multiple times at once.
- Fixed weird interior spawn locations for business and house interiors.
- Added hospital morgue and roof maps.
- Added watch wearable item. When worn, the current time and date will be shown in the top right corner of the screen.
- Added /time to see how far away your next payday is.
- Added lotto system. You can buy an online lottery ticket through your phone by using /lotto.
- Added rental vehicles. Although there aren't that many around at the time of writing, more will be created in the coming days all around Los Santos and outskirts.
- Moved LSPD vehicles to a different dimension (inside the garage), cutting down on amount of spawned vehicles around Pershing Square.
- Added carjacking activity. You can now use /vjack or /jackvehicle to pry open a vehicle door. You can gain skill from doing this activity.
- Added vehicle hotwiring activity. You can gain skill from performing this activity.
- Added car scrapping, this can be done behind the modshop.
- Updated the /skills menu to only show skills you have experience for.
- Added pliers item.
- Added static vehicles. These vehicles don't do much, but can be hotwired and scrapped.
- Replaced the static ATM's with ATM's that can be spawned into the game by developers. This makes it easier to get a new ATM into the game for areas that don't have one. If you're missing an ATM in a specific area, please do let me know.
- The newcomers area now has another door that you can enter/exit through.
- The hospital spawnpoint that you could get trapped in, has been removed.
- You can now manage the vehicle lock from the inside (even if you don't have rights for that vehicle), using the inside lock switch.
- Added mask system. This works through the wearables feature. Once you place a mask on your head, the system will activate.
- Added accessory ('toys') editor. Simply use /toys when having a wearable attached to change its offsets. These offsets are saved for you, for that specific item (so the same type of item as a different instance, will have a separate offset save).
- You can now also login by connecting with your character name. This means that you can connect with both your character name and master account name.
- Added /giveitem command. You can now give items to one another.
- Added weed system. You can now purchase weed seeds and a weed growth station to grow weed.
- Weapons can now be bought from Ammunation, if you have a valid weapon license.
- Added counters and tables in businesses. In diners you can /order food at tables, and other businesses require you to use /order or /shop at the counter in order to do anything.
- Random weather added. Weather will change randomly between 30 minutes and 2 hours.
- All vehicle definitions are now correctly set. They now have a correct price, and definitions for where the engine is located (for mechanics), whether they have windows, a hood and a trunk.
- Characters can now be selected as default. When a default character is set, you will skip character selection after logging in and spawn directly as the default character. You can unset the default and return to the character menu using /charactermenu.
- Added alarm to vehicles. If someone tries to jack or hotwire a vehicle, there is a chance it will trigger the alarm. This might later be replaced by alarms not being being installed by default, and adding them to the modshop as separate module.
- Modified quite a few commands that require the input of a player ID (like /pay for example), to work with masks. When you need to use someone's player ID for a command but they're wearing a mask, simply enter their masked ID.
- LSPD pickups have been moved to the new interior.
- Jobs can now be performed 8 times per hour instead of 4. The total wage is still the same however. Please note that the XP required per skill level for jobs has been increased. The amount of XP you had is not changed, the skill level calculation has.
- Added side activities that can be performed 8 times per hour. You can rummage certain objects to gain a little money (objects you can rummage are indicated with a 3D text showing /rummage).
- Items that are dropped are now saved on server restart.
- Faction payout per payday is now calculated by the amount of minutes you've been on duty during that payday. The payout for 60 minutes is still the same, but it will be less when being online but not being on duty.
- Added drink items that can be purchased from 24/7 stores and food businesses.
- Added hunger and thirst system. Once hunger or thirst reaches 0, your health will slowly drain. Hunger/thirst can be replenished by eating and/or drinking.
- Added /fmembers command to show the online members from your faction.
Even though a massive amount of work has been put in already, there's still a lot that can be added/improved or maybe even removed.
I've gone through the backlog and re-ordered a few things. One big thing is the inventory system that needs an overhaul under the hood, because I have the feeling it tends to glitch out at times. Nothing is planned to change gameplay wise.
Also high in the priority list are the weapon crafting system, a motel system and a apartment system. I also want to focus on a few smaller features that will creep in to the global gameplay and should make it a little more fun, give it more depth.
Just after pushing yesterday's update I decided to post a SA-MP forums ad that has brought multiple visits to the server and to Discord. My reasoning behind posting the ad was to get things going a little, getting the word out about this upcoming server
and most importantly, trying to start the growth of the community to make this a more fun place to be. Suggestions, (constructive) criticism and and overall opinion are also of the highest value for me right now. Because some features are in the making or
even just in planning stage, there is a lot of room for input. The goal is to make this script, and the overall experience, something that you enjoy.
There's probably things I've forgotten to mention here. My apologies for that. If anything's unclear, don't hesitate to shoot a message in the Discord server. Suggestions are more than welcome in the Suggestion Board. Bug reports are welcome in the Bug Reports section.